|2014 Recap time!
||[Jan. 1st, 2015|12:43 am]
1. What did you do in 2014 that you'd never done before?|
Honestly? SO MUCH. Got laid off. I took a job in a state different from where I live... by 4 hours. I joined the Board of Directors for a local non-profit. And last but not least -- I got married!
2. Did you keep your new years' resolutions, and will you make more for next year?
I don't tend to do resolutions. But the unsettled work situation meant that I didn't take as much time for self-care as I should have...
3. Did anyone close to you give birth?
My niece from last year gave birth to their second daughter. One niece-in-law gave birth, and another has one in the oven.
4. Did anyone close to you die?
Yes, my nephew (and new father) was killed in a farming incident, when the vehicle he was driving rolled over and broke his neck. And my best friend from high school, Dawn, passed away from heart disease.
5. What countries did you visit?
None this year, either...
6. What would you like to have in 2015 that you lacked in 2014?
I want to continue to declutter the house - Gcat and I are making plans to get rid of at least one item a day. Job stability would bring some peace of mind.
7. What dates from 2014 will remain etched upon your memory, and why?
June 15th - my wedding day ^_^
Feb 6th, the day Dell called to lay me off from my job of 10 months. Ugh.
8. What was your biggest achievement of the year?
(Aside from my wedding, if I failed to mention it...?) Taking the layoff with grace and in stride. Using the time to join a professional organization and to get accreditation in software asset management. Remodeling the upstairs bathroom is a close second.
9. What was your biggest failure?
10. Did you suffer illness or injury?
Some lower back spasms, due to lack of exercise as far as I can see.
11. What was the best thing you bought?
A copy of my wedding license! Two curio cabinets that belonged to Marty Gear.
12. Whose behavior merited celebration?
Gryphoncat - she was a total bulwark during the time I was laid off, and helped me keep my chin up. Soranokumo for the same support.
13. Whose behavior made you appalled and depressed?
It's pretty hard to make me depressed. But the grand-daughter of a good friend has made me frustrated more times than I'd like to admit with her negativity and self-sabotage. My niece, for not taking over her school loans, but for leaving my 85 year old mom to pay them off (by my brother borrowing from Mom).
14. Where did most of your money go?
Eating out too much. (more) Paying down debt. Home renovations.
15. What did you get really, really, really excited about?
The second new job! (Back with Dell, but in a different capacity.) Joining the Parsec BoD.
16. What song will always remind you of 2014?
... don't know? Probably the soundtrack to Frozen.
17. Compared to this time last year, are you:
i. happier or sadder? Mostly happier.
ii. thinner or fatter? Fatter. (by about 20 pounds)
iii. richer or poorer? About the same.
18. What do you wish you'd done more of?
19. What do you wish you'd done less of?
20. How did you spend Christmas?
Traveling our traditional 500 miles around the families to see everyone.
21. What Journal users did you meet for the first time?
22. Did you fall in love in 2014?
DID YOU SEE THE GORGEOUS LADY I MARRIED??
23. How many one-night stands?
24. What was your favorite TV program?
Wait... TV's have programs? Who knew??
25. Do you hate anyone now that you didn't hate this time last year?
I don't travel that path.
26. What was the best book you read?
27. What was your greatest musical discovery?
No one new this year.
28. What did you want and get?
A new job.
29. What did you want and not get?
30. What was your favorite film of this year?
The Theory of Everything
31. What did you do on your birthday, and how old were you?
Went out for dinner, kicked back and slacked.
32.What one thing would have made your year immeasurably more satisfying?
I have it pretty good, thank you...
33. How would you describe your personal fashion concept in 2014?
34. What kept you sane?
Friends, and work that I am passionate about.
35. Which celebrity/public figure did you fancy the most?
Still Rachel Maddow.
36. What political issue stirred you the most?
Marriage equality. Police militarization.
37. Who did you miss?
Still Marty, but less than before.
38. Who was the best new person you met?
(No one springs to mind.)
39. Tell us a valuable life lesson you learned in 2014.
Keep looking forward.
40. Quote a song lyric that sums up your year.
... ... ... I got nothing. Maybe in the morning. LOL
This entry was originally posted at http://rissicat.dreamwidth.org/95317.html. Please comment there using OpenID.